Monday, August 6, 2007

please, my knowledge runs deep!


The Move 9
I think the move organization is a great example of the saying "Knowledge is Infinite" or as Philly would say "my knowledge runs deep!" I recently came across this organization when I was doing research for political female prisoners for the organization I volunteer for. The amount of stress I've consumed after finding out about this is unexplainable. I'm constantly looking for more as if I'm not really believing what I'm reading. It seems that they were such a threat to police and government, just because of what they believed. Peep the documentary narrated by social activist Howard Zinn and if your interested in more info let me know and I'll get it to you. But you opinions are important, I'm curious if we're on the same page...?

Howard Zinn

2 comments:

hottnikz said...

This is so funny I have a post on this that's in draft right now. This whole situation is close to the heart to me, because I live in Philly and because I have family members that were very close to one of the Move victims.

Philadelphia's history is chock full of police brutality. Were talking harassment of street vendors, people like Mumia, Move, and anyone that ain't white.

I'll admit it seems to have gotten a little better. But it only SEEMS that way because our murder rates overshadows it. Now instead of beating the shit out of us they shoot you dead in the street, and they feel they are justified because of all the murders here.

Even though you beat me to it, I'll still post this, because I think this story needs to be heard by everybody. Also in your research, I'm sure you will come across some material that basically trashes Move and their beliefs. I'm glad you are able to see through the BS.

so damn random! said...

I thought about not posting it til I got more info but that changed quickly when I realized know one in my family or my circle knew anything about Move or how severe Police brutality was and still is in Philadelphia. Please post yours too, cause your my only blogfriend!

ella